Another new one to test. Currently just for Windows.
REMINDER TO ALL ALPHA TESTERS:
It's far easier for us to fix problems if you send message logs with the appropriate flags set. The main flags are:
<cpu_sched_debug>: problems involving the choice of applications to run.
<work_fetch_debug>: problems involving work fetch (which projects are asked for work, and how much).
<rr_simulation>: problems involving jobs being run in high-priority mode.
Use these flags from the cc_config.xml file.
Report any problems you get with it to the Alpha email list. This list needs registration.
The un-offical change log:
Rom Walton wrote:
Major fixes for this release are:
1. Startup problems on reboot should be fixed. Everybody should reboot at least once and verify that the manager can start the client at logon.
2. The introduction of a limbo state when the GPU disappears. Task instances should error out if they go past deadline.
3. We introduced some code to detect Remote Desktop and to move GPU jobs into limbo until the user signs back into the console. The original detection code is where the .13 client was crashing, the new code doesn't appear to work correctly. If I can figure out what is going wrong I'll do another release for that.
Please give items 1 and 2 a few tries. Changing driver versions and that should trigger #2.
Charlie 16 October 2009
- MGR: Fix build break on Mac
Rom 19 October 2009
- client: Use is_remote_desktop() instead of the various GPU functions to determine when the client software has been switched into Remote Desktop mode and shutsdown GPU apps. This will prevent App crashes.